Week 3 Assignment – Software Design and Deployment
The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment:
• What Is Software Deployment?
• Project Tutorial Monitoring Resource Allocation Microsoft Training Lesson 10.1.
Imagine that you are in charge of architecting and overseeing the development of an online course management system for a large university with a considerable number of online students. The software that is going to be deployed is similar to what students, instructors, and administrators experience when using Blackboard or software similar in design.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
1. Determine the requirements for the development of the online course management system.
2. Determine the software development model that the project will be developed under and create a diagram to represent the solution (i.e., waterfall model, incremental model, spiral model) through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open-source alternative such as Dia. Include the title of each phase as well as a very brief description. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
3. Explain the processes that take place in each phase of the life cycle and determine what will be accomplished in each.
4. Explain how this software system should be deployed in relation to the software life cycle development model chosen for this assignment.
5. Explain how your deployment approach supports updates of the software, such as additional components or bug fixes.
6. Suggest software testing strategies for testing the online course delivery system for both the consistency architectural design and the functionality of the software itself.
7. List the concerns in the realm of issues that may necessitate software support that you may have in this system when it is released in a reliable format. Explain how to mitigate these concerns.
8. Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
• Propose a design and deployment strategy for a software system.
I’m working on a communications writing question and need support to help me learn. Introduction Business communication requires thoughtful use of various mediums for written messages. Once the medium is selected, the writer must provide a message that fits the formality of the situation, proves a clear purpose, and uses words and formats that are […]