This is an individual assessment. You are required to demonstrate skills and knowledge required to develop operational plans in consultation with key stakeholders.
If you need help understanding any questions, ask your assessor to explain.
In response to a simulated business scenario, you will research resource requirements and develop (or amend) an operational plan in consultation with relevant stakeholders. As a part of the development of your plan, you will set performance indicators, plan for contingencies, and obtain approval in accordance with organisational requirements.
Read the BBQfun scenario information provided in Appendix 1 and the BBQfun simulated business documentation provided by your assessor. Submit a portfolio of your implementation documents as outlined in the specifications below. Keep copies of your work for use in Assessment Tasks 2 and 3 and for your own records.
1. Write a brief summary of the BBQfun operational environment that includes:
a. an outline of the legislative and regulatory context that is relevant to BBQfun’s operational plan
b. an outline of the BBQfun policies and procedures that directly relate to the operational plan
c. an explanation of the role of an operational plan in achieving the successful implementation of the e-commerce strategy
d. a discussion of your intention to either develop a new operational plan for BBQfun, or to amend the existing operational plan; support your discussion with reference to different methods and models for developing operational plans – such as methods for setting goals, outlining actions, identifying risk and monitoring performance.
2. Research resource requirements for implementation of e-commerce strategy and develop an action plan for the implementation of the e-commerce strategy. In your plan include:
a. physical resourcing (all major steps for resourcing, including procurement of different types of resources, but not to the detail of including all procurement steps for each resource type) and human resourcing (all major steps, e.g. recruiting, training, communication)
b. timelines and milestones for implementing the e-commerce strategy
c. consultation and communication (ensure all affected staff are informed and engagement is encouraged for all stakeholders).
An example action plan template is provided in Appendix 2.
Ensure plans adhere to organisational requirements set out in the scenario and in relevant policies and procedures.
3. Develop performance indicators for operational and financial targets and amend or develop existing operational plans to include KPIs and financial targets related to e-commerce strategy.
4. Develop a balanced scorecard for an e-commerce customer service representative including three KPIs and associated targets.
Australian Ideal College
RTO No.: 91679 CRICOS Provider Code: 03053G ABN: 15 126 592 756 Sydney Campus: Level 7 & 8, 75 King St, Sydney NSW 2000 Adelaide Campus: Level 3, 21-23 Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000 Hobart Campus: Ground Floor, 116 Murray St, Hobart TAS 7000 Tel: +61-2-9262 2968 Fax: +61-2-9262 2938 Email: email@example.com Website: www.aic.edu.au
Note: The current budget and operational plan for BBQfun is located in Appendix 1. A balanced scorecard template is located in Appendix 3.
5. Identify at least three risks to the implementation of the operational plan and develop a contingency plan for each risk (you may use the contingency plan template provided in Appendix 4). Risks must include:
a. one risk due to employee underperformance
b. one risk related to management of intellectual property (IP)
c. one risk due to breach of health and safety compliance responsibilities.
6. Develop a proposal for resourcing to be presented for approval to the Operations General Manager (your assessor). Include in your proposal:
a. description of proposed implementation of resourcing
b. breakdown of costs
c. benefits to organisation
d. a list of different approaches to developing key performance indicators
e. risks to organisation by not implementing
f. outline of identified risks and contingency planning
g. description of sources of information used to develop proposal (use internet research on technical aspects of e-commerce and importance to retailers; use consultation, use company financial projections).
7. Present proposal for approval by the Operations General Manager (your assessor).
To be deemed competent you will need to successfully demonstrate the following: You must:
• present the resourcing proposal for approval from your assessor • submit a planning portfolio, including:
o a summary of the operational environment of BBQfun
o action plan
o performance indicators for operational and financial targets (in the new/amended operational plan)
o balanced scorecard for e-commerce customer service representative
o proposal for resourcing.
Type your answer here.