BUS707 – Applied Business Research
ASSESSMENT: Structured Literature Review – 25%
This assessment is designed to allow students to identify relevant sources for their research and undertake review on a theoretical concepts/constructs that has real world business implications. This assessment relates to Learning Outcomes a, b and d
The students are required to review FOUR academic articles related to any accounting topic. The articles must be from 2010 onwards, and all articles must be full papers (not research note or book reviews) sourced from refereed academic journals.
The structured literature review should addresses the following information:
1. Brief summary of the theory and progression in the field (i.e how has the theory developed)
2. Common themes/findings across the four articles
3. Different themes/findings across the four articles
4. Managerial implication of the four articles
5. Study limitations and future research direction proposed in the four articles.
– Individual Assessment
– Word limit: 1500 words (±10%) (excluding reference list)
– You need to state the word count of the assessment on the cover page.
– The review should be professionally presented using proper headings and sub-headings, in Arial 10pt or Times New Roman 12pt, single space. Harvard (Anglia) style referencing.
– Submission deadline Friday 12 July 2019, by 11.59pm (NO EXTENSION)
– Send the file by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
– Late penalties An important part of business life and key to achieving KOI’s graduate outcome of Professional Skills is the ability to manage workloads and meet deadlines. Consequently, any assessment items such as in- class quizzes and assignments missed or submitted after the due date/time will attract a penalty. Penalty for written assessment is – 5% of the total available marks per calendar day unless an extension is approved
Marks out of 20 will be awarded based on how well the following criteria is addressed:
Criteria % Marks
Present brief summary of the theory and discussion of progression in the field 20%
Identify and discuss common and different themes across the four articles 20%
Identify and discuss managerial implication of the four articles 20%
Discuss the limitation of each of articles and how the limitation differ across the four articles, as well as identify future research direction suggested by the articles. 20%
Apply relevant skills and knowledge of research, the wider context of the problem and the inter-relationships between them; 10 %
Present the information in a professional manner with correct referencing 10 %
Assessment 2: Project Plan Report Don’t forget that there are some great resources available to help you with your report writing. You can find them under the Communication Skills for Assessments link. The executive management of an engineering company has assigned your group to develop a project plan for a project (either an existing project […]